Last modification : 19/10/2021
The purpose of this privacy and cookies policy is to inform visitors of the “Euro Foie Gras” website (PC and mobile version) of the processing of their personal data that are being carried out via the Website.
Personal data (“data”) is all information on the basis of which you can be identified or on the basis of which you are identifiable, such as your name, your identification number, your location data, an identifier, one or more elements that may be characteristic of your physical, physiological, genetic, psychic, economic, cultural or social identity.
A “processing” is any operation or set of operations using or not using automated processes (manual) and applied to personal data, from its collection to its erasure.
- The company Fédération Européenne du Foie Gras ASBL with its registered headquarters located at 2 Place du Luxembourg B-1050 Ixelles, known at the so-called Belgian Crossroads bank for companies under the number BE0812070934 is responsible for the processings described hereafter. Hereafter “Euro Foie Gras”.
- Euro Foie Gras processes the personal data of the visitors of the website in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of data personal data and the free movement of this data which repealed Directive 95/46 / EC (Hereinafter the General Data Protection Regulation or “GDPR”) as well as the Belgian law of July 31, 2018 related to the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of their personal data.
- By visiting the “Euro Foie Gras” Website, “visitors” are presumed to have read and accepted that this privacy and cookies policy is applicable to them for all the processing (of their personal data) described hereafter.
- Visitors of the website also acknowledge that they are responsible for the accuracy of the personal data they communicate via the website or by email through a contact request.
- If personal data concerning third parties are communicated by visitors via the website or when contacting the controller by e-mail, visitors guarantee to Euro Foie Gras that they have previously obtained the explicit consents of these third parties. If this is not the case, the concerned visitors accept that they are fully responsible for any direct or indirect damage incurred by Euro Foie Gras following this (Or these) unauthorized communication(s).
- Visitors understand that Euro Foie Gras can never be held responsible for the content of third party websites to which the website may refer (via integrated content, for example youtube video), or for the products or services which are possibly offered (on these third party websites). This type of content is solely governed by the privacy and cookie policies of the third party sites concerned.
- Via functional cookies
- Data collected : When you visit the Website, without registration (only via functional cookies): Euro Foie Gras may have access with your IP address, search terms and possibly the type of errors encountered.
- Purpose & Legal basis of the processing : Maintenance and improvement of the websitebased on the legitimate interests of the controller to continuously improve the websiteand its services.
2. Via analytical cookies
- Data collected : The IP address of users can be collected in order to produce semi-anonymous statistics.
- Purpose & Legal basis of the processing : The company Euro Foie Gras uses Google analytics statistics to collect anonymous information regarding the use of its services. Euro Foie Gras has only access to this data in the form of semi-anonymous statistics.
- Euro Foie Gras always requests the consent of the visitor / user before implementing analytical cookies via the cookie banner. The use of analytical cookies is also justified by the legitimate interest of the company Euro Foie Gras in optimizing the performance of the websiteand fulfilling its social objective.
- For more information on how Google processes your data we recommend that you consult the Google privacy & cookies policy.
3. Data collected via sharing links from social networks (non-functional cookies)
- Data collected : Information shared by users via social plug-ins, data relating to navigation and preferences of users / visitors to the Website.
- Purpose & Legal basis of the processing : The websiteallows the sharing of content to certain social networks. In doing so Euro Foie Gras does not itself place cookies, but allows the social networks concerned (for example Facebook) to implement non-functional cookies on the Website.
- The explicit and prior consent of visitors is always obtained prior to the deposit of these cookies via the “cookie banner” of the Website. The implementation of these cookies is also justified by the legitimate interest of the company Euro Foie Gras to allow visitors to share content to social networks.
- For more information on the processing carried out via the various social networks (such as Facebook), please consult the privacy and cookie policies of these networks.
4. Contact request(s) sent by e-mail to email@example.com
- Data collected : Last name, first name, email address.
- Purpose & Legal basis of the processing : In order to allow Euro Foie Gras to respond to a request for information initiated by the user or visitor concerned.
- The data collected meet the legitimate interest of the company Euro Foie Gras to answer the requests of its users / potential users (visitors). This processing is also carried out on the basis of the execution of a service initiated by the visitor / user himself.
- Via functional cookies
These types of cookies are always deleted at the end of the session.
- Via analytical cookies
Euro Foie Gras does not store personal data via this type of cookie, but only access semi-anonymous statistics. The IP addresses of users / visitors are stored by Google for the periods indicated in Google’s privacy & cookies policy and via the following link: https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/.
- Data collected via sharing
links from social networks (non-functional cookies)
Euro Foie Gras keeps the data transmitted via these cookies for a period which is limited to 13 months. (As long as the user / visitor has given their prior and explicit consent for the placing of these cookies via the cookie banner.) For the retention periods of the various social networks, please consult the privacy and cookie policies of these networks.
- Contact request(s) sent by
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The data communicated by a visitor / user during a contact are kept until explicit revocation by the user himself. If no contact is made by the data subject within one year, the data is deleted by Euro Foie Gras.
- Euro Foie Gras may give access to your personal data to its employees who are contractually bound by a confidentiality obligation and are also bound to process your data in accordance with the instructions given by Euro Foie Gras.
- Euro Foie Gras may also in
certain cases call on subcontractors (processors) whom are bound by an
obligation of confidentiality as well as to provide sufficient security
guarantees for the processing and who only process your data in accordance with
Euro Foie Gras’s instructions.
If your data is communicated or stored with a subcontractor established in a country which is not a Member State of the European Union, the communication or transfer will only take place if a so-called adequacy decision applies to the country concerned. Euro Foie Gras also verifies that sufficient contractual guarantees are provided by the subcontractor as to the security of processing.
- In the event of reorganization or the total or partial sale of Euro Foie Gras’s activities, or in the event of bankruptcy, Euro Foie Gras may transfer the personal data it processes to new entities or new third parties carrying out all or part of the professional activities of Euro Foie Gras.
- If applicable, Euro Foie Gras will make reasonable efforts to inform data subjects before transferring their data to a third party, but data subjects understand that this is not technically or commercially feasible in all situations.
- In exceptional cases, Euro Foie Gras may be compelled to disclose personal data by virtue of a court order or to comply with imperative regulations or legislation. Euro Foie Gras will make reasonable efforts to inform those concerned beforehand, subject to the limits provided by law.
- Euro Foie Gras does not in any case sell the personal data it processes, nor does it rent databases or make them commercially available to third parties, unless you give Euro Foie Gras your prior consent.
- Euro Foie Gras has developed technical and organizational security measures to prevent destruction, loss, falsification, modification, unauthorized access or accidental notification to third parties of your personal data (as well as any other unauthorized processing).
- With regard to your use of the
Website, visitors/users must at all times follow the security instructions, in
particular by preventing unauthorized access to their username and password.
Visitors are solely responsible for the use of the websiteand access to their user account from their computer or on the basis of their IP address and their identification data.
- Euro Foie Gras can in no way be held liable for any direct or indirect damage arising from the improper or unlawful use of personal data by a third party.
- Access, rectification and erasure of your data
- Visitors have the right to request access to their data, rectification of incorrect or incomplete data or subject to legitimate reasons for the deletion of their data (processed by Euro Foie Gras).
- Such erasure of data is not possible if the processing of the data is necessary for the justification of or the defense in the context of a legal action.
- Visitors also recognize that in the event of a request to erase their personal data, certain products and services can no longer be provided to them.
- Restriction of the processing
- Visitors have the right to request the restriction of processing, in particular if they dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is illegitimate and they oppose the erasure of the data.
- Visitors acknowledge that in the event of refusal to communicate their personal data, (if applicable) certain products and services can no longer be provided to them.
- Data Portability
- Visitors have the right to obtain data concerning them (or to ask Euro Foie Gras to transmit it to another data controller) in a structured, customary and computer-usable form.
- Such reception or transmission is not possible if the processing of the data is necessary for the exercise of or defense in the context of a legal action.
- Automated decisions and profiling
- Visitors have the right not to be subject to individual decisions based on automated processing if this entails significant legal or personal consequences for them. Visitors can also object to profiling.
- Euro Foie Gras does not make any automated decisions or profiling with regards to your personal data. Third-party Websites such as Facebook may possibly create profiles on the basis of data collected via cookies implemented on the Website. In this case, it is up to visitors to contact the Websites/social media concerned.
- Right to object
- Visitors can object to the processing of their personal data for serious and legitimate reasons. As far as processing is based on their prior consent, Visitors have the right to withdraw this consent.
- Visitors also have the right to object to the use of their personal data for direct marketing purposes. Where applicable, visitors must not state any reason.
- Exercise of your rights
- Visitors can exercise their rights by contacting the controller for this purpose either by email to the email address email@example.com or by postal mail to Euro Foie Gras, 2 Place du Luxembourg B-1050 Ixelles, or by browsing in the “Who we are” section of the Website.
- If Euro Foie Gras believes that you are not authorized to exercise one or more of these rights on legitimate grounds, or that it needs additional time to respond to the request, Euro Foie Gras will notify you in writing within 30 days upon receipt of your request.
- A “cookie” is a small file sent by Euro Foie Gras’s server and installed on your computer’s hard drive. The information it contains may be sent back to our servers or those of the third parties concerned during a subsequent visit.
- There are different categories of cookies :
- Functional cookies are cookies that ensure the proper functioning of all elements of a website. These are cookies for website protection, cookies for load balancing (i.e. distributing requests to a server on a number of computers) and cookies for adaptation the user interface (in particular the choice of language and the display of search results). Euro Foie Gras may place these cookies without your consent for this purpose.
- Non-functional cookies are placed for statistical, social and commercial purposes and do not meet the conditions to be exempt from the consent requirement. Your explicit consent is required for the placement of these cookies:
- Technical cookies (non-functional) allow Euro Foie Gras to keep your user preferences in memory. By placing these types of functional cookies, Euro Foie Gras facilitate your visits to the Website. In this way, for example, you should not systematically enter the same information when you visit the Website.
- Analytical cookies collect general information about how the website is used. Based on this information, we can perform a statistical analysis of the website usage. Based on this analysis, we can make the structure, navigation and content of the website more user-friendly and improve it.
- Marketing cookies are used to personalize online advertisements. This gives us (and third parties) an overview of the benefits of a campaign. This is done using a profile, in particular drawn up on the basis of your clicks and your navigation on our website.
- There are also social media cookies. These cookies offer the possibility of including buttons from social networking sites. The buttons work via a code from these sites. These type of buttons are a handy tool for promoting web pages such as “like” and “pins”.
- In practice, Euro Foie Gras processes on the one hand personal data which is collected and processed through cookies which are strictly necessary for the proper functioning of the website(functional cookies). The processing of the information collected by these cookies is based on Euro Foie Gras’s legitimate interest in offering a functional website to visitors.
- With regard to cookies which are not essential for the proper functioning of the website and which are placed by Euro Foie Gras or by a third party, Euro Foie Gras always collects the explicit and prior consent of visitors (via its “cookies banner”) before their implementation.
- If social networking sites or other third parties: (For example, Facebook, Google+, Whatsapp, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Disqus and Twitter) use the Euro Foie Gras website to place cookies in order to collect (your) data, Euro Foie Gras has no influence on the use and the way in which they process this data.
- You can find more information in the privacy statements (policies) of the social networking sites. Please note that these privacy statements may be changed at any time by social networking sites.
- Visitors/users may through their Internet browser delete cookies automatically or manually and may also decide whether certain cookies can be placed or not. They can also configure their Internet browser to notify them when a cookie is placed. Visitors/users can find more information on these possibilities in the instructions of their browser’s help function.
- Warning ! If some cookies are disabled, the website may not work optimally. After deletion in your browser, cookies will be placed (with your permission) again on your next visit to the Website.
- The website exclusively allows the following cookies :
- Functional cookies :
|osano_consentmanager*||Fonctional cookie implemented by Euro Foie Gras||1 year||These cookies are used by Osano to store your cookie preferences on our website.|
- Non-functional cookies :
|_gid*, _gat_gtag*, _ga*,||Analytics cookies from Google||1 year||This cookie works via Google Analytics (a statistical analysis tool that allows us to improve your browsing experience on the Euro Foie Gras Website. Google Analytics provides Euro Foie Gras, among others, the following data about the number of (unique) users of the site, their visitation sessions and how they use the site in the form of semi-anonymous statistics. Then (Google Analytics gives us an in-depth view of this data by a analysis report.)|
- Visitors can exercise their rights, by contacting the controller (Euro Foie Gras) by sending an email to the address firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively by sending a postal letter to the address indicated below and attaching it a copy of his identity card: Euro Foie Gras, email@example.com.
- If Euro Foie Gras has reasons to believe that the visitor / user is not authorized to exercise one or more of these rights on legitimate grounds, or that it needs additional time to respond to the request, Euro Foie Gras will inform you in writing within 30 days of receiving your request.
- Visitors may also (in case of violation of their rights) lodge a complaint with the Data Protection Authority.
- Contact information
Rue de la presse, 35, 1000, Brussels
Tel : +32 (0)2 274 48 00
- According to Article 77 of the GDPR, data subjects who do not live in Belgium but in another Member State of the European Union can also file a complaint with their own data protection authority.
- A complaint to the data protection authority does not prejudice the initiation (if any) of proceedings before a civil court (in the event of damage suffered as a result of a violation of the rights of the data subject).